Andy is a fourth-generation CPA. He wasn’t pressured to be an accountant, so he’s pretty sure it’s just part of his genetic code. When he did choose this path, there was only one firm Andy wanted to work for: he joined JAK in 2003 right out of college. (Full disclosure: he had worked here part-time and seasonally since 1997, so he knew what he was getting into.)
As a partner at JAK, Andy gets to help clients within several industries solve problems and seize opportunities. From helping a contractor revamp an inefficient accounting system to assisting a retailer to outline a succession plan, no two days are alike. He’s honored to be the first person a client calls when he or she needs help—even if they simply need a sounding board for their ideas.
At home, Andy stays busy by keeping up with his two kids and following Minnesota sports teams. He likes to catch a movie and hack up a golf course every now and then, too.
- Partner since 2015
- Andy joined the firm in 2003
- Former member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA) Leadership Cabinet
- Member of the Mount Olivet Lutheran Church of Plymouth church council
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting, University of Minnesota, 2003
Licensing, Memberships & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2006
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- MN Subcontractors Association (MSA) Former Board Member
Recent Blog Posts by Andrew F. Knutson
- Secure Act 2.0 – Changes to Your Retirement Planning
- Employee Retention Credit in 2021: What Construction Businesses Should Know
- CARES Act Update: Will You Adopt These 401(k) Changes into Your Plan?
- Case Study: How a Construction Subcontractor Improved Profitability by Simply Bridging a Knowledge Gap
- 2018 Tax Filing Considerations for Contractors