For Kyla, it’s all about relationships. As an Excel guru, not much can make her more energized than the balancing of debits and credits and the unending wonders of Excel spreadsheets. However, it’s getting to know her clients and sharing in the joys of their journeys that has kept her passion for accounting going strong.
Kyla came to JAK in 2005 and is now Partner and head of the Assurance Department. Much of her practice is focused on the construction, manufacturing and retail industries. From guiding clients though financial statement related issues to using her CVA and ESOP experience in assisting business owners in the transition of ownership, Kyla feels a sense of pride when she happens upon a building one of her clients built. Nevertheless, she is particularly fulfilled when she can reveal a spreadsheet trick that streamlines a clients’ process. It’s the little things, right?
Relationships are number one for Kyla at home, too. She’s diligent about setting aside time for her husband and their children, and she makes it a point to visit family and friends as much as possible. Gardening and yoga are two of her favorite ways to unwind.
- Partner since 2018
- Kyla joined the firm in 2005
- 2 prior years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Wisconsin – Eau-Claire, 2003
Licensing, Memberships & Honors
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), 2018
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 2007
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Member of The ESOP Association (TEA)
- Member of National Center of Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- Member of Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Minnesota Center for Employee Ownership Advisory Committee since 2020 (MNCEO)
Recent Blog Posts by Kyla Hansen
- Reviewing Your Clients’ 2021 Financials and Tax Returns? Look Out for These Changes
- How to Minimize the Impacts of COVID on Your Company’s Value
- 5 Important Things to Look for in a Business Valuation Report
- Is Your Company a Good Candidate for an ESOP?
- How To Confirm You Are Working With The Right Accounting Firm