- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- At least six (6) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in tax return complexity, scope, and research.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in taxation.
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license is required OR a current and valid enrolled agent license.
- Proficiency in tax research skills..
You will (job responsibilities):
- Performs technical tax review of all tax returns (individual, business, trust, gift, not-for-profit, and miscellaneous, as needed).
- Identifies and manages issues and ensures the accuracy of the tax return.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge in one or more technical specialty areas.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete, and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Performs tax research to resolve issues identified during reviews.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
- Develops/refines tax preparation procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the process. Prepares documentation of procedures and communicates to staff.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works with directly, or where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its’ opinion on tax matters.
- Participates in the firm’s Mentor Program as a mentor to senior and staff accountants.
- Supervises the use of ProSystem tax software, communicates updates to be installed, resolves issues and answers questions related to using the software.
- Supervises electronic filing of tax forms and ensures timely resolution of issues. Communicates updates from IRS and changes in firm procedures to administrative personnel.
- Develops materials and conducts new hire training in the firm’s tax preparation procedures.
- Monitors CCH Workflow software to ensure all tax projects are tracked through tax preparation and delivery process.
- Prepares annual staff evaluations and engagement performance reviews.
- Represents the firm in a positive and professional manner at all business related functions.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work most Saturdays during this time period.