- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
You have (requirements):
- 3 years+ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- 2 or 4 year degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the Minnesota CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA and MN CPA societies.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
You will (job responsibilities):
- Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of a manger, director or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs staff accountants, where applicable, in work to be performed and reviews their work papers.
- Provides supervision and on-the-job training to staff accountants assigned to the engagement both in the field and in the office.
- Studies and evaluates clients’ internal controls.
- Assigns work to staff accountants based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Reviews with manager, director or partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes work papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Prepares complicated tax returns, both business and individual.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to manager, director or partner.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Prepares financial statements, footnotes, schedules, management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between manager or partner and the client.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of managers or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Prepares invoices to clients.
- Start establishing a presence in the community by participating in civic organizations such as chamber of commerce, rotary etc.
- Represents the firm in a positive and professional manner at all business related functions.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work on Saturdays during this time period.