- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
You have (requirements):
- 2 – 3 years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- 4 year degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in taxation.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the Minnesota CPA exam OR holds a current enrolled agent license or is working toward obtaining their EA.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA and MN CPA societies.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
You will (job responsibilities):
- Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of a manger or partner.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client for completeness; prepares list of questions and missing information. Communicates with client directly, or through partner on the engagement.
- Confirms that data collected is complete, reasonable, and accurate.
- Prepares individual and business returns of various complexities.
- Prepares amended returns, property tax refunds, carry back returns for net operating losses, and other returns as needed.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Maintains a good understanding of depreciation and depreciation computer software package in order to set up clients and read and understand depreciation reports.
- Prepares tax accruals as may be required in preparing corporate tax returns.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs staff accountants, where applicable, in work to be performed and reviews their work papers.
- Assigns work to staff accountants based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Prepares and indexes work papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to manager or partner.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of managers or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Prepares invoices to clients.
- Start establishing a presence in the community by participating in civic organizations such as chamber of commerce, rotary etc.
- Represents the firm in a positive and professional manner at all business related functions.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work on Saturdays during this time period.