• A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
• The resources, expertise, and global capability of a large accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
• A great location in the Roseville area with easy access to both Minneapolis and St. Paul.
You have (requirements):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- Either hold a current and valid CPA license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the Minnesota CPA exam.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Positive, enthusiastic energy
• The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
• A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A desire to learn
• Leadership skills
You will (job responsibilities):
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and financial statements using computer software programs.
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts.
- Performs schedule computations of accruals, property & equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
- Perform audit or review procedures, as assigned by supervisors, in allotted time.
- Complete all phases of small compilations or reviews with minimal assistance.
- Prepare corporate and/or personal income tax returns.
- Assist in proofing financial statements.
- Perform other accounting, auditing, and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Can adequately use computer software used for preparing tax returns, equipment schedules, and other functions.
- Begin to develop client communication skills.
- Show ability to manage workload, prioritize tasks, and ask questions when needed.
- Start to develop the ability to research for answers to questions.
- Represent the firm in a positive and professional manner at all business related functions.
- Occasional same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Required to work on Saturdays during this time period.